He's accused The Teamsters, OOIDA, and I, among others of what would come down to fear mongering. Well, here, I will show you the realistic facts to show where the fear is based, and entirely correct to have. I will also tell you what to do to try and stop this.
I think the Teamsters summed up best, opening the borders is dumb! They are adamant against this, as is many others. I've been in contact with the Teamsters and Ms. Taylor at OOIDA regarding this. We need to be as united as possible with these matters, and I have no issue extending my support to them to get what needs to get done done.
What YOU need to know!
1. Illegal immigration would increase through human smuggling:
A. Border Wars on the National Geographic Channel
B. The Library Index
D. Breit Bart
E. One Old Vet
2. The cartels are a major issue. They will only get more powerful if the borders open for Mexican trucks to come over. That is just a given. They are already starting to take over stateside. Now, "Mexico trucker" is claiming the Cartels being unsafe for regular people is just horse wash. Please decide for yourself with the following links:
A. CBS DFW
B. John R. Bolton, former U.S. Ambassador to the UN, on Fox News
C. Mexican Army soldiers decapitated by the Cartels
D. Cartel kidnappings in AMERICA
E. Cartel Mass Grave
3. Primarily, most large amounts of drugs moving into the U.S. is moved by the Mexican Cartels via semis. Please note; American truckers do not go into Mexico. Mexican trucks can enter our country however due to the cross-border forwarding companies. This being said, it would come as no shock that illegal drug smuggling would almost certainly increase:
A. U.S. Department of Justice National Drug Intelligence Center
B. USA Today
C. The Truckers Report
D. Los Angeles Times
4. The border patrol has been in dire need of funds and manpower for years. (Yes, Mexico Trucker, they are one in the same, which shows what credence to the truth you have, and are tied into homeland security.) As they continue to struggle financially, they will need to step up with more enforcement at the borders in order to maintain control:
A. CNS News
B. Info Wars
C. New Mexico Independent
D. Friends of the Border Patrol
E. My Fox Austin
5. Although reports are conflicting, all reports on the border plan to allow Mexican trucks to come over in compliance of NAFTA, have stated the U.S. tax payers will be paying for the Mexican trucks to be compliant. Yet, you won't be paying for the American trucks. Why should we continue giving money to help the Mexicans when our people need help?
A. $60 billion estimated that illegals make in our country a year
B. Total annual costs of illegals is estimated at over $1 billion
C. Using the Highway Trust Fund, Mexican trucks will be replacing old exhaust with new catalytic converters, at the cost of $1,600 per truck
D. $4.3 million will be given for Electronic On Board Recorders to
E. This on top of the amount spent during the last pilot program for
EOBR's, and the cost we will be paying to keep them running.
Now, if you've clicked on all the links for my five major arguing points, your blood may be boiling already, and you may be vehemently against Mexican trucks based on safety issues. I know I have been voicing my dismay about Mexican trucks, and so has Sandy Long. Another issue is jobs. There are just no solid figures yet to properly project this concern. But here's the clencher. It says nothing about ensuring these drivers will be proficient at English. Federal DOT and CSA requirements state that drivers must be proficient in English to be able operate a commercial motor vehicle in this country. The UT P.O.E. shut a driver down for the inability to do so just yesterday, according to Brian Rogers.
What can you do? Continue being my 100 volunteers, but expand in a huge way. The actual docket hit the Federal Register TODAY! Unlike most amendments, we only have 30 days to respond. It's easy to comment, and doesn't take much time. Please, go here, and comment that we don't want Mexican trucks, and that NAFTA needs to be rewritten! Remind them we pay the taxes, and we vote!